I may live in the city, but my heart is in the country.
This blog is about my day-to-day adventures with my chickens and my family.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

In Our Home

Let me tell you! We did not fully understand what it meant by having the chicks in our home for 5 weeks. We were very much not prepared, no cage, no hay/bedding, no food, nada...


So we did a couple of things, here they are in the black plastic box I had them in at first...


4/11/12




4/12/12
That seemed to work for a week, then they started to hop out of the bin...



4/23/12
So we put chicken wire over the top... that seemed to work the best for the remainder of the time they were in the house.



And then we put something for them to roost on...



5/5/12
Then we were putting them outside in a confined area, so they could get used to being outside. I would only put them out at the noon time hours and then bring them back inside



No comments:

Post a Comment